Sunday, September 30, 2007

Draw the line

Confused and twisted
All alone I feel
Like there’s nothing in this world that matters
Pulled into darkness
Masked deny
Following the scent of thrill
Living in the moment
Dying in the next
It’s a spinning top
With alluring colors
And icy deceit
Drinking to numb this feeling
Smoking to make it all disappear
What in this place is right?
Does wrong even matter?
Living a double life
This whole in my heart can’t be filled
Everyone speaks of the one
The one to fill the hole
To make me live again
I’m filled but I feel just as empty as when I began
Maybe this is all a game
A story in some child’s mind
Or maybe I’m all alone in this place
The only one to fail
The only one to feel so alone and empty
What if this is just a joke?
What’s next in this world of lies?
Where’s the next knife coming from?
Who will be the next to be hurt and broken?
My life is a pile of broken glass
That’s been kicked around
And stomped on
Broken even further
What’s the point?
There’s nobody out there to pick up the pieces
Just to break them
And to take my hand
Then steal my heart
And smash it in my face
I’m tired of all the lies
Games and broken dreams
I’m going to find something that’s REAL
even if it kills me.

No comments: