Monday, January 7, 2008

Summer Boy

He was the first boy to steal my heart
He was my first kiss
And my first broken heart

He was a boy from the 90’s
With a piercing in his left ear
Wind blowing in his hair
Summers ago we watched the clouds
Swam in his pool playing childish games

It was just a game
All fun and tame
Until that rainy day in May
I’m getting too old to just play
Were simply his last words

He had this way about him
Laughing about everything
Smiling like it was all okay
Nothing mattered but him and his ego

Until he got a flat tire
Sitting on the side of the road
Wanting to play games
He chased me with a smile
Forgetting the pain from our past
He wanted to have some fun

Gently I whispered
It’s over now
It’s too late to play games
It’s nothing but a distant memory

He lost his chance
It’s all in the past
He lost her for the last time
That day two years ago in May.

No comments: