Thursday, October 8, 2009

Look in the mirror

Today came and ended
As fast a spark of fire
In a field of fog
It did not come without its surprises

I met a girl today
She had much to share
With no words
She gave her story

She was the girl in the mirror
She held her head up high
While looking around
To see who was in the room,

I watched from a distance
My presence was left unknown

I watched as she pulled out a knife
Lifted her purple sleeve
And made a cut
She winced in pain
Her tears made puddles on the counter surrounding her

She looked so perfect
So gentle and fair
Why did she hurt herself?
I wondered in disbelief

She was to be the prom queen
She had everything
That one could only begin to dream of

Such beauty
Came at a price
The price was the mask she wore
Hiding the pain
Holding back the tears
Walking in fear
Of being alone

This girl in the mirror
Knew none of what I saw
To myself I will keep
This experience I will never share

I wondered who she was
Deep inside
She was obviously hiding
No one really knew
This secret that she bared

For years and years
Nobody really knew
4 years have gone by
Since that day
I met the girl

Something has changed
Something is different
She looks happy
So peaceful and sweet
Everyone around is swimming in her charismatic joy
If only they knew about that day
I met the girl in the mirror.

No comments: